SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
WHO WE ARE
The Lipstick Journey is a Michigan Limited Liability Company. Our corporate office is located at:
1097 Springwood Lane
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect two basic types of information – personal information (as defined in this policy) and anonymous information (as defined in this policy) – and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information (also defined in this policy). For example, we collect:
• Registration information you provide when you create an account, enter a promotion, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account, such as your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username, and password;
• Transaction information you provide when you request information, contact our office, or purchase a product or service from us, such as your postal address, telephone number, and payment information;
• Information you provide in social media sites and applications, such as your public posts;
• Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post, or similar functionality, where we are permitted by applicable law to collect this information;
• Information we obtain from a third party, such as a site or platform provider, about use of our applications on third-party platforms or devices;
• Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with one of our sites or applications (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information;
• Activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our sites and applications, such as the content you view or post, how often you use our services, and your preferences; and
• Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
• We collect information you provide to us when you request or purchase products, services, or information from us, register with us (including when you link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account), participate in public forums or other activities on our sites and applications, respond to guest surveys, or otherwise interact with us using one or more devices. You may provide information in a variety of ways, including by typing or using voice commands.
• We collect information through a variety of technologies, such as cookies, Flash cookies, pixels, tags, software development kits, application program interfaces, and Web beacons, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms using one or more devices, whether or not you are logged in or registered.
• We collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms.
• We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically, such as when we validate postal address information using third party services. Applicable law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it. TLJ that is the data controller for your information is responsible for and may use your information for the purposes described in this policy.
• Provide you with the experiences, products, and services you request, view, engage with, or purchase;
• Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies;
• Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services;
• Personalize content and experiences;
• Provide you with targeted advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications;
• Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our sites, applications, products, services and operations, including by using guest survey research and analytics tools; and
• Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER ENTITIES
• We will not share your personal information with a third party outside the The Lipstick Journey except in limited circumstances, including:
• When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
◦ Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services; and
◦ Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites.
• Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
• When companies perform services on our behalf, like package delivery, marketing and advertising, and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law; and
YOUR CONTROL OVER YOUR DATA
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
• Correcting, updating, and deleting account.
• Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts;
• Choosing whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
• Choosing whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services;
• Controlling targeted advertising from many ad networks and partners; data exchanges; and marketing analytics and digital advertising and marketing service providers.
• Choosing to control targeted advertising you receive within applications by using the settings and choices made available to you through your device(s), for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads;
• Requesting removal of your personal information from a public forum on one of our sites or application; and
• Requesting access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
You may exercise these controls and choices by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products, and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make that clear at the point of collection so that you can make an informed decision whether to participate. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact email@example.com.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by certain members of The Lipstick Journey to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to or write us:
THE LIPSTICK JOURNEY
1097 Springwood Lane
Rochester Hills, MI
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.